Did you receive a cross connection survey letter? We can help.
Absolute Draining & Plumbing are qualified to help you handle all Cross Connection Survey and related testing/installation of backflow prevention devices.
A Cross Connection Survey is required of many properties as a result of by-law changes within Peel Region, Halton Region, and Markham. This survey will identify any backflow risks to the properties water distribution system and also recommend the most appropriate backflow device(s) to be installed. This is to ensure the protection of drinking water for all properties.
Absolute Draining & Plumbing are certified to carry out a Cross Connection Survey in compliance with such by-laws, as well as installation and testing of required backflow prevention device(s). We work with you and the city to ensure your property is in compliance with required by-laws.
Peel Region Backflow By-Law
Here are some interesting facts regarding the new backflow by-law passed in Peel Region:
- All property owners shall at their own expense ensure that a cross connection survey is undertaken by a qualified person and is completed and submitted to the satisfaction of the Commissioner of Public Works of Peel Region.
- Where a severe hazard is present, a cross connection survey will be carried out every 3 years.
- Where a moderate hazard is present, a cross connection survey will be carried out every 5 years.
- All property owners shall at their own expense ensure a backflow prevention device is installed as required by the by-law, which must be performed by a qualified plumbing contractor.
- Backflow prevention devices must be maintained in good repair at all times.
- All installed backflow prevention devices must be tested annually.
Have a question? Give us a call, we’re here to help